ss_blog_claim=382b23c0c917c4da8523791d09618c76

Friday, September 23, 2005

Zen

Yesterday evening we had the monthly meeting of the SFGA in Amsterdam. The theme was Zen. Of course it's not possible to explain all about Zen in one meeting. Wonderwillow had invited Nico Tydeman (Dutch Zen-master) to tell something about it. He wanted to do it, but unfortunately he couldn't make it. He gave the name and number of someone else, but that man asked money to come. Perhaps he thought it was some kind of lecture, but that's not our intention. We just want to discuss a certain theme, in this case Zen, with somebody who knows more of it than we do.
Anyway, Wonderwillow decided to tell us about Zen himself. He did great, it was very informative. He was properly prepared and brought interesting books too. I'm not sure Zen is my thing, but that doesn't mean I can't learn from it. Some aspects appealed to me, some didn't. I want to read more about it, that's for sure. Hmmm, my to-read-list grows and grows... ;-)
It was a lovely evening with old and new friends, a valuable experience. I really like the concept, the set-up of our group!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm really sorry I had to enable comment & word moderation. Loads of spam comments spoiled the free commenting, but please... don't let it stop you. I love every non-spam comment!
Thanks for visiting.
Love, Tink