ss_blog_claim=382b23c0c917c4da8523791d09618c76

Monday, November 07, 2005

My weekend

Friday afternoon we were invited to the reopening of my brother's business on the new premises. I had been thinking for weeks what present to give. I don't like standard gifts like flower arrangements or a bottle of wine. I consulted with my sister and mother and promised to find us something special. Finally I was successful in a shop nearby: MaryAnn's Partycorner. I had bought a big cognac glass and filled it with Celebrations. MaryAnn made a bouquet of balloons with a special balloon on top: a big one that started singing "Celebrate good times" when tapped! This was the final result. Judging by the reactions of my brother and his guests I think it was a great gift. :-)

The past weeks the weather has been better than expected in autumn. Saturday afternoon I took the dogs for a walk on the beach. The wind through my hair, a breath of fresh air... I love the beach! Always makes me feel good and clears my head.

After the walk it was time to go to Brederode Castle in Santpoort-Zuid. There was a medieval market with a lot of booths and all kinds of entertainment. It was years ago since I visited the castle ruins. I really enjoyed myself! The market is an annual event, but I couldn't make it the first two times (2003 and 2004). Next year I'll definately try to be there again! The only thing that disappointed me was the fire show, that didn't amount to anything.

Sunday evening I arranged to go to the Merry Meet Witches Cafe. Last time was a bit quiet, but this time I knew a lot of friends were going. It was pleasantly busy. Although I was very tired I was glad I decided to go.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9/11/05 15:29

    I tagged you on my live journal :)
    (not on -log.nl!!)
    love J

    ReplyDelete

I'm really sorry I had to enable comment & word moderation. Loads of spam comments spoiled the free commenting, but please... don't let it stop you. I love every non-spam comment!
Thanks for visiting.
Love, Tink