ss_blog_claim=382b23c0c917c4da8523791d09618c76

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Mum

Yesterday was a very long and tiring day. We (Ron, mum and I) spent the day in the hospital. A lot of waiting, tests, questions, information, etc. etc. The staff was very nice though and we were taken care of in a wonderful way. The only problem was, that they didn't have any planning for the day. They knew what had to be done, but had no idea what time.
The surgery will take place this Tuesday, June 6th at 8.30am (CET). Please think of her or light a candle. The hospital priest has given mum the blessing for sick people (I don't know how that's called in English) in presence of Joke and me. She felt a bit better afterwards.
When Joke came to visit (she works nearby) we were still waiting for the surgeon and the anaesthetist. Ron and I went home. The car parking total was € 16 (from 8.30am until 4.30pm)! At home I fell asleep on the couch, exhausted and with a headache. After a few hours I felt a lot better and relaxed. It's okay, I wanted to be there for mum. I promised to take better care and think more of myself after this. :-)
This morning I called the ward to ask how mum's first night had been. I won't do that every day, but mum decided not to have a phone next to her bed. The nurse handed her the ward phone so we could talk for a while. She had slept well and sounded relaxed. Good to hear! Ron and I will visit her tonight. Joke and Leo are going this afternoon. My brother has received the key to his new home yesterday, so he's very busy. He called me this morning and will visit mum tomorrow. I coordinate the visits, so there aren't too many people in the hospital at the same time.
I have been to mum's house earlier to water the plants, take care of the mail, etc. Strange to be there without her present.

4 comments:

  1. I am keeping your mum in my thoughts and prayers and will send healing thoughts her way. Let us know how she does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mum is in my thoughts and prayers. Hope all goes well. Take care, Meow

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6/6/06 13:53

    Het kaarsje brandt nog steeds.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hee Tink, ik hoop dat inmiddels alles achter de rug is en alles goed is verlopen.
    Heel veel sterkte, en ik denk aan jullie

    Nathalie

    ReplyDelete

I'm really sorry I had to enable comment & word moderation. Loads of spam comments spoiled the free commenting, but please... don't let it stop you. I love every non-spam comment!
Thanks for visiting.
Love, Tink