ss_blog_claim=382b23c0c917c4da8523791d09618c76

Friday, June 15, 2007

What a day..!

Yesterday was a strange day. It was exactly a year ago that mum died. A week later I wrote down what had happened. I read it again while listening to the music of her funeral. I can hardly believe it has been a year already; seems like just a few days ago that she breathed her last... Memories remain forever...

In the afternoon Wonder called. He had tumbled down the stairs and hurt his back pretty bad. He had managed to get into his bed. I looked at Ron and we decided to drive to The Hague. When we arrived an hour later the doctor was with him. She didn't trust his pain completely, so she called the hospital to make x-rays. He couldn't be carried down on the stretcher because of the steep stairs, so the fire brigade was called to get him through the window with a tower waggon. He is afraid of heights, but luckily it didn't take long. I stayed with him in the ambulance; Ron followed with our car. Thank goodness the x-rays showed no fractures or other severe injuries. He got an injection (pain killer) and we took him home, our home. We arranged a bed for him and he'll stay here for a while. Today it felt a lot better, but it will take some time to heal completely!

Something completely different: Wednesday evening Laura and I went to see Tarzan The Musical in the Fortis Circustheater in Scheveningen. We had great seats with a perfect view to the podium. The show is fabulous!!! I loved it and enjoyed every minute of it. The music by Phil Collins is beautiful, the scenery and costumes amazing, the cast marvellous; all simply the best!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my, I remember when your mom died. I can't believe it has been a year either. I know you must miss her still so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always sad to lose a person close to you. But you have the lovely memories and the post from last year was very touching!
    Good to know Wonder didn't had any fractures - I'm sure he is in the best hands with you!
    I love Phil Collins too - I envy you!

    Btw: Thanks for your visit and comments on my hot Oslo post. There is another one up to make your list growing:-)

    ReplyDelete

I'm really sorry I had to enable comment & word moderation. Loads of spam comments spoiled the free commenting, but please... don't let it stop you. I love every non-spam comment!
Thanks for visiting.
Love, Tink