ss_blog_claim=382b23c0c917c4da8523791d09618c76

Friday, April 04, 2008

Best dad in the world

Today would have been my father's 73rd birthday. The last one we celebrated was his 61st daddythough... The 4th day of the 4th month; he always picked 4 as his lucky number!
I still think of him every day, still miss him. I know he's with me in spirit, but I'd love to talk to him and give him a hug for real just once... To me he'll always be the best dad in the world. O sure, you could probably argue that he wasn't and why, but that doesn't matter. He wasn't a saint and I don't idealize him. He had his virtues and vices, so do I (some the same!). He was who he was and to me that is the best dad in the world. I'm so glad Ron has known him very good too, so we could reminisce together today.
♥ I love you, dad! ♥

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5/4/08 02:41

    What a great meme and contribution to your Dad. It really shows your affection and how much he influence in your life.

    Thanks for sharing this in an open and honest way! My father is 78 and still in live and it reminded me of that he might pass away - so maybe I should keep more in touch with him.

    Wishing you a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I'm really sorry I had to enable comment & word moderation. Loads of spam comments spoiled the free commenting, but please... don't let it stop you. I love every non-spam comment!
Thanks for visiting.
Love, Tink