ss_blog_claim=382b23c0c917c4da8523791d09618c76

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Getting fit, Wii Fit!

Tonight was the start of the new aquaspinning season. It showed that it was the first time since June. Pfew... muscles burning... It was tough to say the least! Still, I noticed I could keep up slightly better than before. The reason for that might be my new hobby!

Some time ago Ron discovered the Wii (esp. Wii Sports) and it was love at first sight! :-) It was inevitable: we had to get one too! We made a 'deal': Ron got his Wii Sports and I got Wii Fit with balance board. I had read a lot about it. The board had to be ordered; it is very popular. Last week we got a call: the no. 1 and 2 on the waiting list didn't answer, so we could come and get it. Yay! Wii Fit
We installed it that same day and I started immediately. There are 4 exercise area's: yoga, muscle, cardio and balance. You can set goals, keep track with graphs and lists, do a body test, etc. It has so much advantages: I can do it in the privacy of my home, do it at my own pace and most important: it's fun! I like exercising this way. Since we have it, I've used the board every day and I plan to keep on doing that. Even if I'm very tired, I try to do at least some exercises taking it easy. There are many to choose from. The guidance of the personal trainers (a male and a female one) is good and clear. I'm not that bad at the yoga and cardio, muscle is very hard and balance varies. I have my favourites, but I try to do all the exercises regularly. I'm really happy I have the Wii Fit! I'll keep you posted about my progress.

13 comments:

  1. Hi Tink, I hope that you are having a Grand Day. I have an Award for you on my site come on down ang get it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom and dad need to do some checking into this sort of exercise, rather than thinking crossing their legs counts! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like being on your site, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous28/8/08 18:38

    I want one soooooo bad! I keep hearing good things about it so I just might take the plunge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous28/8/08 18:54

    I got the Wii Fit also and I really like it! I've been using it for a couple of weeks now, and, if you do it regularly, it can really help.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have got one too and I love it. Watching my husband on it is sooooo funny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have been thinking about getting Wii Fit since w heard it was coming out but I decide instead of running out to buy it I would see how other people liked theirs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous30/8/08 21:38

    I'm hearing alot about this, please keep us updated.

    Specifically, do you feel as if it's assisting you? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I soooooo want to get a Wii....
    For the boxing and the tennis, especially. But the exercise features look great too!
    I will have to put this on my personal Christmas list!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been wanting to get one of these--I'm not very good at motivating myself to workout in front of other people--I'll be curious to see how it goes for you

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous31/8/08 23:29

    Sounds like a great way of exercise - please keep us posted!

    Wishing you a Wii Fit great week ahead :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi - I've given you an award! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous4/9/08 15:17

    I am jealous!! I want to get a Wii Fit so bad!! Wii was just such a smart idea, kudos Nintendo.

    PS - Thanks for stopping by, and just fyi, Google has changed their EULA!!

    ReplyDelete

I'm really sorry I had to enable comment & word moderation. Loads of spam comments spoiled the free commenting, but please... don't let it stop you. I love every non-spam comment!
Thanks for visiting.
Love, Tink