ss_blog_claim=382b23c0c917c4da8523791d09618c76

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Earth Day 2009

Today is Earth Day, a day designed to inspire awareness and appreciation for the Earth's environment. It was founded by U.S. Senator Gaylord Nelson as an environmental teach-in in 1970 and is celebrated in many countries around the world every year. I support Earth Day, but in fact every day should be Earth Day..! On EarthDay.gov I found this explanation:
"Earth Day is a time to celebrate gains we have made and create new visions to accelerate environmental progress. Earth Day is a time to unite around new actions. Earth Day and every day is a time to act to protect our planet." Hear hear!

1 comment:

  1. What a great contribution on an important matter!

    ReplyDelete

I'm really sorry I had to enable comment & word moderation. Loads of spam comments spoiled the free commenting, but please... don't let it stop you. I love every non-spam comment!
Thanks for visiting.
Love, Tink