ss_blog_claim=382b23c0c917c4da8523791d09618c76

Sunday, April 24, 2011

A little update

I've been wanting to write a post almost every day in the last two weeks, but somehow every time something got in the way. A little update...

The finances for Ron's business are finally done. The normal banks weren't interested, didn't even take a look at the businessplan. We don't have personal money to invest, so the verdict was an established fact: not interested. We didn't give up and turned to Qredits, the only nationwide operating microfinance institution in The Netherlands. We got a visit of one of their business advisors and he liked the idea and plans. Finally, after almost a year of pursuing this goal, the business can really start.
Sounds good, huh? It is, really! But from that moment on eveything seemed to be doomed. Whatever we did, it all backfired. Whatever we started went wrong. It would be too much to spell it all out, but man... it was exhausting and undermining our motivation. But again... we won't give up! Things can only get better... Luctor et Emergo! ;-)

I haven't been feeling very well the past weeks. Something went wrong with my heart and blood pressure medication (my fault). Last week after I went countrydancing I collapsed at home. My heart rate and blood pressure were skyhigh. I really felt very bad. My medication is okay again, but still my heart is racing regularly and my blood pressure is too high even in rest. I'll have to make a doctor's appointment next week. Perhaps my medications have to be adapted; they all interact. We'll see.

Last saturday we went to the Elf Fantasy Fair in Haarzuilens, a festival for fantasylovers, pagans, live action role play (larp), re-enactment, etc. with great music, stands, workshops, lectures and more on the grounds of Castle De Haar. We had a great time! You can see our pictures in my Picasa webalbum:
Elf Fantasy Fair

4 comments:

  1. have you had your thyroid levels checked? know nothing about your medical problems and your doctors know what to check for--just that a friend had a racing heart and found out it was an overactive thyroid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My thyroid levels will be checked too. I have medication for a slow working thyroid gland, but you are right about the racing heart. Thanks for thinking with me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my...I hope you are alright with your heart. I have heart issues and are on medication too, and have had the racing heart (tachycardia)...it can be quite scary to say the least! Yes, do go see your cardiologist.

    Has your doctor done an echo-cardiogram of your heart, or perhaps a Holter heart monitor?

    By the way, the fair that you went too looks awesome. That's right up my alley.

    Let us know how you are doing....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll cross my fingers for you two, both the business and your health! By now I sincerely hope that you've got it in more order...

    Hubby got high blood pressure diagnosed just recently and are up for a 24hours control of it the 24th of May. I hope he won't have to take any medicines for it.

    ((Hugz))

    ReplyDelete

I'm really sorry I had to enable comment & word moderation. Loads of spam comments spoiled the free commenting, but please... don't let it stop you. I love every non-spam comment!
Thanks for visiting.
Love, Tink