ss_blog_claim=382b23c0c917c4da8523791d09618c76

Friday, November 04, 2016

Blogblast for Peace 2016


Today I'm joining hundreds of bloggers across the world in a movement called "Blogblast For Peace". Bloggers will unite in a global cry for peace in this annual event. One day. One voice. All it takes is one post. You can also join us by using social media. Post and share, anywhere you are online. It's that simple. Join us.

This is my 9th year of participating. I used the image of a painting by John William Waterhouse called 'Miranda' (1875). Miranda is a character in William Shakespeare's play The Tempest. Waterhouse painted versions of Miranda at the start and end of his career. The other versions are both dated 1916. I love all versions, but while the later versions show the storm this one feels peaceful to me. Although you don't know whether it's the calm before the storm or after...
It goes very well with the quote I used. I wrote it down years ago and I can't remember where I got it from but it felt suitable for this year's globe. So many storms are raging around the world... It can be hard to find the peace, within ourselves, our nations, our earth...
When storms are raging all around you
Find the peace that calms your troubled sea
To everyone: I wish you peace! One moment, one step can be the beginning; one person can make the difference!


Blogblast for Peace links:

1 comment:

  1. I love looking at this peace globe.
    It brings me peaceful vibes.

    Thank you for participating in BlogBlast For Peace. #10,411 in the Official Peace Globe Gallery @blog4peace.com

    ReplyDelete

I'm really sorry I had to enable comment & word moderation. Loads of spam comments spoiled the free commenting, but please... don't let it stop you. I love every non-spam comment!
Thanks for visiting.
Love, Tink